? ??????????????Easter Egg Hunt? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??233 Grabs Today. 3848 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Sunflowery Days? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??217 Grabs Today. 2762 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, June 23, 2005

What do YOU want to be when you grow up?

I've been asked this question for as long as I can remember. Now people usually ask me, "What do you want to do after college?" or something similar, but it's still the same principle. I asked Nick that earlier and it made me think (which isn't always a good thing!).

When I was little I always had SOMETHING I wanted to be (artist, missionary, writer, etc.). Now that I'm actually grown up and I have to seriously think about it, I've finally figured out that the only thing I really WANT to be is a stay-at-home mom. I mean, I could live with journalism, directing would be fun, and I'd probably love being a singer or actress. Just those aren't what I really WANT to be.

Anyway, that's just a sample of what happens when I start thinking. Haha!


Work was quite interesting today. This morning Chrystal (area manager) told me that I HAD to stay later than seven and I was like, "Um, no." I told her that I would have to quit if I didn't get off work on time. I wasn't mean or disrespectful about it, I just said so. But she made me mad with her whole attitude. You can ask anyone who was there - I was so mad I was shaking so much that I couldn't write. Then this afternoon Sarah (other area manager) took me aside and was talking to me. She was actually civil; she just said she wasn't going to argue with me about working open to close anymore, but she felt like I didn't always treat her and Chrystal with respect. So I apologized, and I think she likes me better now!

So then they ASKED me would I mind staying later and I told them I would. I just wanted to be asked, like any decent person would. 'Cause I really don't HAVE to do anything except work my normal 8 hr shift.

But anyway, that mess is finally cleared up.

Tomorrow I have some stupid training something-or-other I have to go in for. All I know is that it's from 10-6. I have no idea what I'm supposed to wear (uniform or street clothes?), or where I'm supposed to go, or whether they're providing lunch or not. I think it'll be boring. I'm planning on taking paper and writing utensils and writing the whole time, while acting like I'm taking notes. Public school kids do it all the time, right? It can't be that hard, can it?

Speaking of school, I got the most awesome magnet for my car. It says "WARNING: Unsocialized Homeschoolers On Board". And I got a bumper sticker (that I haven't actually put on yet) that says, "Public School? Aren't you worried about SOCIALIZATION?" HAHA! I died laughing.

Um. I was hoping that tonight's post would be at least somewhat interesting, but I'm afraid that it is just as boring as ever.

*Yawn*

Bed now.

(10-hour days exhaust me and they expect me to work 12-hour days?!?!?! I think not!)

2 comments:

The Wayfaring Wizard said...

That's awesome that you have resolved differences then. *nods* And yes, public school kids DO do stuff like that. I used to read in class all the time. XD I got in trouble for it often. *sighs* that all sounds very cool. *ndos*

Samantha Downing said...

Haha!

No, KD does NOT pay overtime, which is another reason I'm so determined not to WORK overtime. :-D