? ??????????????Easter Egg Hunt? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??233 Grabs Today. 3848 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Sunflowery Days? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??217 Grabs Today. 2762 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I Was Ready To Shoot Myself at 10 AM Today

My day had barely started and already I wanted it to end!! This morning I got all the way inside the park and upstairs to the supervisors' office when I realized I'd left my nametag in my car. So I walked (rather, ran) all the way back to my car, which was parked far away because of all the cars there. When I got to my car, I realized that I had forgotten my keys, and my car doors were locked. So, since I didn't have time to run all the way inside and back out again, I just bought a new nametag at Employee Services.

I could have told you right then that that wasn't the end of it. I went back upstairs to look for our (Bedrock's) clipboard, which contains all our keys and other essential items for our rides. Since I couldn't find it, I assumed someone had already come up and taken it down to the ride while I was on my wild goose chase for a nametag. So...I gathered my stuff and headed down to KCC (Kidz Construction Company). I found that I was the only one there, and that the clipboard was also absent. I managed to snag Jeremy and he told me the clipboard was in a drawer in one of the desks upstairs. So I went BACK upstairs AGAIN to get the clipboard.

Back at the ride, I was bending over to come out of the tiny closet door and I hit my head. HARD. It hurt for the rest of the day (still hurts, as a matter of fact).

Now, let me rant and rave about yesterday. Sarah (Area Manager) was asking me if I could close and giving me a really hard time when I said no. I explained - calmly! - that I simply didn't want to work 10 to 12 hour days anymore. She wasn't satisfied and proceeded to lecture me on how since I was in a leadership position, I should be willing to stay and how I've been accomodated (because I get off work at 5 on Wednesdays to go to guitar lessons) so I need to accomodate them. My response? What a load of bull. No, I didn't say that. But I wanted to. Anywho, I stuck to what I said before ("no") and Sarah changed tactics. "You'd rather make your lineworkers work 10 to 12 hours?"

Um, no! They have as much right to leave after 8 hours of work as I do! Especially since KD doesn't pay overtime!

Then she had the nerve to say, "I feel like you're taking a stand JUST to take a stand."

Wowee...wrong thing to say. I was annoyed by this time, and when she said that, I get really ticked. I told her, "No, I'm taking a stand because I just don't think I should have to work 10 to 12 hour shifts, and I'm sick of being pushed and pressured to do it!"

She backed off. Finally. But she doesn't like me anymore.

So this afternoon, she was lecturing me because I didn't let her know we had enough closers. Then when I tried to explain that I had tried, but she said she would have to call me back and then I'd never heard from her, she accused me of getting smart with her and started almost yelling at me, telling me to change my tone when I was talking to her, especially in front of other people. She basically told me she had more important things to do than call me back and I just need to wait for her to get to it.

I about smacked her.

I KNOW she has important things to do and I never ONCE implied that she didn't. I was simply defending myself by telling her that I had TRIED to let her know, but couldn't. Does that make me a criminal? I think not, but maybe I'm wrong.

After work I put in another transfer request to go to ecology. If this one's not approved, I'm going to talk to a high-up person. If it's STILL not approved, I'm quitting. I CANNOT work with Sarah.

Speaking of which, tomorrow is Sarah's day off.

Tomorrow should be a good day.

3 comments:

The Wayfaring Wizard said...

seriously, you need to be looking for a new job. You don't have to put up with all that nonsense, its rediculous, and I think you SHOULD have smacked her. Hard. *sighs* Turn her into a spotted toad and let grass snakes into the yard. BAH!

Angela said...

I agree with that guy.

The Wayfaring Wizard said...

"that guy" Is martin, a friend of sam's and chris. Hey, nice to "meet" you. :D