? ??????????????Easter Egg Hunt? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??233 Grabs Today. 3848 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Sunflowery Days? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??217 Grabs Today. 2762 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Saddest Thing I've Seen Since 9-11

I don't know if anyone besides me has been watching all the news about Katrina and New Orleans and all those other cities. But I have definitely been watching it. It's...apalling. It's the saddest thing I've seen since 9-11. I wish I could be there, doing something, instead of just sitting here safe in my living room and watching it on TV. Those people lost so much, and there's still places they haven't been able to get to because of floods and debris.

Here I am whining about rising gas prices when there are people in Louisiana and Mississippi just trying to get through the day - litterally struggling to find food and water, forget about shelter. I want to go down there and help. I want to do something besides sit here and cry about it.

Yeah, I know, pray. I am, but I want to do more. I want to go help those people - all the kids who lost parents, people who lost all their possessions.

There are no words to describe how I feel. My heart breaks for them.