? ??????????????Easter Egg Hunt? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??233 Grabs Today. 3848 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Sunflowery Days? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??217 Grabs Today. 2762 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, April 21, 2006

Guys Are Weird

I have officially decided that guys are weird. I actually decided this a long time ago, but am just reaffirming my belief.

There's this one guy at work who only speaks about 5 words of English, and he's constantly just...hovering. That's the only way I can think of to describe it. Whenever I turn around, he's there. And he's always calling me pet names (in Spanish) and basically just making a nuisance of himself. And he does this with all the girls, not just me. I guess he's nice, but he just doesn't know when to leave us alone!

And this other guy at work, the new dishwasher dude named Tyrone asked me for my number. That was pretty much the only time I'd ever talked to him except when we were introduced. Here was the extent of our conversation...

Him: *mumbles something about there being a lot of dishes*
Me: Yeah, it was busy tonight
*A few seconds of silence*
Him: Do you live around here?
Me: Yeah, I live about ten minutes away *pointing* that way.
Him: Oh. Do you have a boyfriend.
Me: (By this point I knew what was coming.) *sigh* No.
Him: Do you mind if I get your number?
Me: Well...I'd have to get to know you better first.
Him: Yeah, that's what I mean.
Me: No, BEFORE I give you my number.
Him: Oh. That's cool.

Yeah, that's pretty much ALL we ever said to each other. Except he might have asked me if I'm in school, I'm a little foggy on the details.

So I guess it's common practice for guys to ask girls they've just met for their numbers? It doesn't really make sense to me, though. I mean, honestly, I know nothing about him! He could be a serial rapist or murderer or both! Why would I give my number to someone I hardly know? *shrugs* I dunno, it's never made sense to me.

But then, not many things do.

6 comments:

The Wayfaring Wizard said...

XD I'm sorry sam, I'm not laughing at you, but rather the situation. You see, I have this problem where in the past, the majority of girls I fell for were friends first, and so, in addition to the not wanting to date me, there was the fact that I was a friend and they "knew me too well" and the like. XD I just think its funny that apparently, there ISN"T a right way to do that. XD And if you want the spanish dude to stop hovering, tell him to stop hovering. XD Oh, and guys are so weird. I'm one of the normal ones, what does that tell you? :D

Samantha Downing said...

Haha! I didn't say that I didn't like them - just that they're weird ;)

Angela said...

He could be a serial rapist or murderer or both!

haha, I love that part.

Also, never date a guy named Tyrone.

Samantha Downing said...

I've heard stories about guys named Kyle - just about bad experiences. Makes me wary...

And listen to 8-yr-olds. They're actually pretty smart. ;)

The Wayfaring Wizard said...

... So a name has alot to do with it? Should I stay martin or change my name to a better one?

Samantha Downing said...

Martin seems like a safe name - I haven't heard any bad stories about Martins.