? ??????????????Easter Egg Hunt? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??233 Grabs Today. 3848 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Sunflowery Days? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??217 Grabs Today. 2762 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

The Future

When trying to make decisions for my future, I generally look to my past experiences, when applicable. Even if it's not exactly the same kind of situation, there are things that I can learn from and principles I can apply.

As I prepare to graduate from college this spring, however, I feel as if I am starting completely from scratch. It's not that the slate has been wiped clean - more like I've been handed a completely new slate. This seems strange to me since the last few years of my life were to prepare me for the moment when I enter "the real world" (which is always pronounced with emphasis in a deep voice) and proceed to live my life. College is supposed to get you ready for your career and the rest of your life. I don't feel ready. Not in that sense anyway. Obviously the Lord is in control and I'm ready for anything in that way. But when I think past graduation I see nothing but a void. For so long (all my life really) things have been planned out. Even if the plans didn't always work exactly as I thought they would, there was still a structure and a plan. After graduation...what is there? A job? What job? What else is there?

It's times like these when I realize how amazingly thankful I am that the Lord is in control of my life and that He's given me incredible parents who will always be there for me, and my wonderful sisters and the rest of my family and friends. I know things will be okay and will work out. I may not know how, but I know that they will, and for now that's good enough.

0 comments: