? ??????????????Easter Egg Hunt? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??233 Grabs Today. 3848 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Sunflowery Days? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??217 Grabs Today. 2762 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Fired Today

((From December 21))


Okay, so I'm fired. The good things about this: I don't have to deal with Tulio anymore, I don't have to deal with annoying customers anymore, I don't have to do a lot of things anymore. The bad things about this: .....I....don't have a steady income?

What happened was this...

(you may want to grab a cup of cocoa or something, 'cause this is kinda a long detailed story. So pay attention.)

I had a party of 12 that I waited on (note that this particular party is not a party I enjoy waiting on, but they were exceptionally nice tonight) early on in the evening. This particular party of twelve had a LARGE bill, over $110, and they split it up when they paid, each paying for his/her own. Apparently when they split it up, some of the food didn't get paid for. Meaning that someone who ate mozzarella sticks, a pepsi, and chicken tenders did not tell the cashier that they had this food, meaning that they left without paying. Farren and Ashley split it up.

Soo...later on, Mandi had a party of 8ish at the same table as those people. These people paid for their check all together - one woman paid for it all. Ashley did that one.

So then tonight when Tulio was going through the computer checking on what had been paid for and what hadn't, he obviously found the food from MY party that hadn't been paid for. He came and asked me about it and I said they must have split the bill, because that's the only thing that could have happened. Well, Ashley, having cashed out the last party to leave, insisted that they paid for it all together. Of course Tulio believed her over me (nothing against Ashley, just against Tulio) so he insisted that I would have to pay for this food.

I told him point blank that I was not paying for the food. I didn't eat it, it was the customer's fault that it hadn't been paid for, and I was not taking responsibility. All this was said calmly, you can ask any of the girls that were there. Tulio got really upset and kept saying that I would have to, and I just kept saying no. Then he was like, "You need to take responsibility for your mistake." I told him that I didn't make a mistake, but what if I had? "You have to pay for the food." When I kept telling him no, he was finally like, "You and I are going to talk before you leave tonight."

A few minutes later, he had sorted out how many credit card tips I got, and he gave me my paycheck and said, "Don't worry about coming in tomorrow." So I was like, "okay, thanks!"

(please note, that during this time I have been on the phone with my dad several times trying to figure out how I should handle this...situation.)

Then I told him I was ready to talk but he told me to wait. So I went away, then came back and was like, "Am I fired?" And he said yeah, so I asked him why and he said because of my attitude.

(ATTITUDE?!?!?!?!?! I didn't even have an attitude with him until AFTER he said I was fired!!!!!!)

So to make a long story short, I tried to tell him the story (even told him to ask Farren, who could tell him) and he wouldn't listen. He said he was firing me because I was disrespectful in front of everyone else and disobeyed the rules (then he made up this bogus excuse that it's in the manual, which it's not) and told him no to his face. Then he told me he didn't want to deal with me anymore, so I said fine and walked out.

That's kinda a shortish version. Obviously I didn't recount the whole conversation. Wanna know more details, feel free to ask, I have no secrets, I did nothing wrong.

0 comments: