? ??????????????Easter Egg Hunt? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.5 (4 Ratings)??233 Grabs Today. 3848 Total Grabs. ?
?????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Sunflowery Days? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.0 (3 Ratings)??217 Grabs Today. 2762 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, February 28, 2008

You just never know...

It's crazy - you never know what the other person is thinking, how they're going to react to the things you say, or what they're going to remember and take away from a conversation. It doesn't even necessarily have to be a conversation you have with that person - it can just be one that they overhear.

Today I was at school, sitting in a hallway between classes, and I just happened to overhear a guy and a girl talking to another guy, who was sitting on a couch studying. At first I didn't know what they were talking about, but the guy sitting down was getting really upset talking to these people, arguing with them and calling them names. Finally I tuned in to the conversation enough to realize that the two people were witnessing to the guy sitting down, and let's just say he didn't appreciate it.

But, boy, I surely did!

It was such an encouragement to me to see how much these two Christians cared about the guy that was yelling at them. They cared enough to stay and talk to him when other people would have walked off or starting yelling back. You could see in the way they spoke to him and treated him that they really cared about him as a person. They didn't talk down to him, and they didn't go down to his level of name-calling and ridicule. They spoke kindly and lovingly, and it was amazing to me just to watch the conversation.

The Lord knows what we need, when we need it - even if we don't! I wasn't expecting to see that, I wasn't even looking for it. But it's all I've been thinking about all afternoon. It really touched me. They meant to witness and be a testimony to that guy sitting on the couch, and I don't know if it had any permanent affect on him or not, but they were a big testimony to me.

God knows where to put people - He really knows what He's doing! He had those two people there and me there at the right time so that I could hear the conversation and be blessed. Who knows who else was touched by the conversation?

I don't know why this incident had such a big impact on me, but it did. I admire those people and I thank God for putting me there to witness the conversation.

(Just for the record, the guy they were talking to must have felt convicted at some level, because he proceeded to call 2 different people and tell them all about it and then tell another friend all about it when he showed up! If he's that upset about it, it must have affected him more than he'd like to let on!)

0 comments: